Friday, July 5, 2013

ICAD - Week Five!


Yay! Week Five! We are now officially in to July, the second month of the Index Card a Day Challenge, and I'm happily moving along! This week was a rough one for me though, and I struggled on several days. I think that my creative energy was being sapped much more quickly than before seeing as I'm also participating in Camp NaNo this month. 

(Check out my intro post by clicking the image below!)

Either way, here are my cards for Week Five, #29 - 35!

Day Twenty-Nine

I was going for... Snake skin? Scales? Something else? I don't really know, but all I had was a blue pen and I went with what I started! 

Day Thirty

The little squares are where my five sun-tea bags set while I worked in the kitchen. Afterwards my little and I played with her watercolors and this is what I ended up with!

Day Thirty-One (July!)

The picture doesn't do this one justice! I spent like, an hour, layering different colors of colored pencils on this card (just for something mindless to do while I listened to Someday, Someday, Maybe on audio) and it turned out like a piece of fabric! I really liked it until I took the picture, and then I was a little bummed... But in person it's fabulous!

Day Thirty-Two

Our electric bill came this day, and I cut up all the brochures that they included (for saving electricity, etc.). I wasn't planning on lightening bolts, but hey, it worked!

Day Thirty-Three

I was watching Drop Dead Diva (I just love that show!) and there was much talk of castles and royalty in the episode that was on. I went with it!

Day Thirty-Four

The Fourth of July, woohoo! I realized as soon as I drew the blue and red sections that it looked like an old school Pepsi can, so I added in some stars and called it good!


Day Thirty-Five

I had originally doodled on this card with a Sharpie, and ended up unhappy with my results. So I spent a few minutes blacking out the whole thing and decided to color over it with nail polish (a prompt from earlier this week). I wasn't sure what I was doing at first, but figured hearts were a good way to end it. ;)


So there you have it, seven more cards! I don't know that I'm super excited about this past weeks collection, but what I do know is that I still completed a card each day and that makes me pretty dang happy!

Have an awesome weekend (and stay cool!) and I'll see you here next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment