Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Camp NaNo Check In - Week Two, Day Ten



Woohoo! We are now in Week Two! I've had another day of no writing, but I can't even remember why not so I can't even say if it was a legit excuse or not! (It more than likely was NOT.) Even though, I had two days over 2K, so I'm feeling pretty good right now!

As of today, July 10th, I have written 16,630 words out of my goal of 50,000. 
I'm about 500 words ahead of schedule and I think I'd like to stick with that little buffer from now on. (That way if I have another day of no writing I can give myself a boost the next day!)

In Plot News:
My characters are FINALLY moving from their first location, but still haven't made it very far. At times I find myself wondering as I write, "What the hell am I even talking about?". I feel like my final masterpieces are going to have an intense amount of world building and mythology, but right now I'm still muddling through it and it sometimes ends up as just complete and total mush! 

I'm slowly starting to realize the real joy of ignoring my inner editor and just getting my whole story, from start to finish, out of my head. It's fun to just go off on tangents or find myself making up stuff I had never thought of. Revisions will be absolutely NUTS, but I know I've got some nuggets of pure gold in there!

Do you have any tips or tricks on getting through your current WiP? Let me know in the comments below!

No comments:

Post a Comment