Thursday, June 13, 2013

My Hold List - June 2013


Time for another Library Holds update, where I let you know which books I'm patiently awaiting from my awesome local library! 


Current Hold Count - Eight Books, One Movie

I actually had four additional books on hold, but before I had a chance to publish this post I noticed that they had been filled and were waiting for me at my branch, yay! So here are the current titles on my list:
(All links will take you to GoodReads!)



Someday, Someday, Maybe - Lauren Graham

(Waiting on eBook, OverDrive, and Book lists)
I'm really trying to get this book in whatever format I can because it's for the (brand new) The Broke and the Bookish Book Club! I figure if I've got myself on the hold list for all three categories than I should get a copy before the months is up!





I actually had this book checked out and on my Kindle, but things got crazy last month and before I knew it the book was due and I hadn't even cracked it open! Now that I'm back on the wait list I'm going to dive in the minute I get it!








This World We Live In - Susan Beth Pfeffer (eBook)
I'm hooked. Seriously, I can't help it! I loved the first two in this series, and while I've heard some not-so-wonderful things about this one I still can't wait to jump in!







THIS IS THE LAST ONE!! The last Sookie Stackhouse book! I know people have complained about the series for the past few years, but I just ADORE all the books! Sookie is a fabulous main character and I can't wait to see how things work out! (I have only ever listened to this series on audio. I've never even held one of the Sookie books in my hands! The narrator is wonderful and I like keeping things in the same media type when I start them! [If I can that is!])



Beautiful Creatures - Kami Garcia & Margaret Stohl (Movie)
So it seems like everyone just fawns all over this book, but I have no real desire to read the series. The preview for the movie intrigued me though, so I'm going to give it a shot!





I couldn't believe that this was out! I saw it on the front page of my library's website and I just had to add it to the list! I loved The Devil Wears Prada and I'm intensely curious how this sequel will pan out!







Joy of Zentangle: Drawing Your Way to Increased Creativity, Focus, and Well Being
I've been curious about Zentangles for a while now, but I just couldn't reach the point of buying a book about them. I figured that I could check this one out and see how I liked them!









This was also featured on the front page of my library's website and it was too cute not to check out! I'm not sure it's published yet, but either way I can't wait to get my hands on it!




I just saw someone (I can't recall who) rave about this book, and then there were ads for it all over GoodReads, and I finally figured I'd go for it. I should be getting this one pretty quickly as the wait list is super short.
(The cover for this book would NOT cooperate with me and it messed my formatting up like crazy. So, no cover for you! Just click the link above to check out the GoodReads page!)


Are you waiting on any books from your library or from anywhere else? There is nothing more exciting than anticipating a good book!

**Photo (without text) is from the magpiemary Etsy shop where she specializes in vintage and upcycled kitschy finds!**

No comments:

Post a Comment