Friday, June 14, 2013

ICAD - Week Two!



Yay! Another week has passed and I have completed seven more cards for ICAD 2013! If you'd like to check it out just click the image above and it will take you to all you need to know about the challenge. Alright, here are cards #8 - #14 your viewing pleasure! (If you'd like to see the previous weeks cards #1 - #7, just click there! Week One )

Day Eight 
Swoops and dots and wandering lines... Just my kind of thing!

Day Nine
I went with my "microbe/amoeba" idea and tried to imagine some colorful cells under a microscope. I like how this one turned out!

Day Ten
I really love Aimee over at Artsyville and her silly Instagram pictures of "mindless word fun"! I figured I'd give it a go this week and I like what I came up with!

Day Eleven
I spent a good chunk of time watching The Vampire Diaries this day, and while I watched I drew very slowly and seriously. When I got up to head to bed this is what I had!

Day Twelve 
My little one has the most adorable picture book of The Little Mermaid (that I've been reading to her every night for a week or two) so I've had the ocean on my mind. That, and there were a handful of crayons scattered in the living room that I just had to use!

Day Thirteen
This was also inspired (at first) by Artsyville's "mindless word fun", but also by this video that DaisyYellow shared about ICAD. It made me realize that I didn't have to spend an hour or so (which I was totally doing out of the fear that "I am not an artist") on a card. It could take just minutes, with many different materials, and turn out amazing! **For the record, the background was supposed to be all about texture, but when I look at it all I see are weird vegetables! It cracks me up!)

Day Fourteen 
I usually make my cards while my little one naps, but I decided to do other things today. So of course it was last minute and I was wondering what I should do. Instead of going big (as in cutting/gluing/designing) I just went with the first thing that came to mind as I had the pen in my hand!

---

So there you have it! Week Two! I am so proud of myself for continuing this project and completing a card every single day, and I am feeling so much more confident with my ability to just get things out there in the world. I have always considered myself "not an artist" and "not a writer", but the more I do these things and the more I share them with the world, the more I realize that even though I may not be the best at things it doesn't mean that I am not those things. You know what I mean? ;)

Have a wonderful weekend, and I'll see you back here next week!

10 comments:

  1. great cards. i love the first one. it's so bright and cheerful, it makes me happy! tfs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! The first one has a special place in my heart with all it's bright swirliness!

      Delete
  2. I love that design while watching vampire diaries...and "brilliantly messy" is a phrase I will need to keep in mind in the future! great icads...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I thought "brilliantly messy" was appropriate for my creative style. ;) I love my Vampire Diaries design as well! I was going to add more, but thought it was perfect in it's simplicity!

      Delete
  3. I am soooooo addicted to Vampire Diaries... totally sad for someone my age but Damon is just too pretty to look at!!!! Love all the cards but that top one is extra special...xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just got in to The Vampire Diaries this month! I found the seasons on Netflix and just powered through them, and now I'm buying the episodes from season four (to prepare for season five) on Amazon when I have the money to spare! And Damon is just gorgeous isn't he?! I can't blame anyone for wanting to look at that eye-candy!! <3

      Delete
    2. My 17 year old daughter is totally embarrassed by my Damon fixation.... though Elijah's not bad either... did you know there is spin off series called the Originals coming as well... great news in my book!!!

      Delete
    3. Yes! I can't wait to check out the Originals!! All the guys on The Vampire Diaries are just so good looking, it's like they did it on purpose or something! ;)

      Delete
  4. You are really, really good at those doodles and colored pens/pencils. These are seriously beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I really appreciate it!

      Delete