Friday, June 21, 2013

ICAD - Week Three!




You guys! I've finished 21 cards as of today! I am SO proud of myself! I'm feeling much more confident and much more capable of this whole "artistic expression" thing. I love it! Now,  on to cards #15 - 21:

Day Fifteen

I have a confession to make. This card was actually made on Day Sixteen. There was no good reason that I didn't make it on the right day, so when I did make it I made myself this; A superhero symbol for Super Slacker! (I didn't think SS would look too friendly, so I dropped one!)

Day Sixteen 

This card (and photo) make me a tiny bit sad. I had the plan for the lettering from the start, but when I finished it the blank flags looked so cute that I didn't want to write anything on them. Instead of just sitting with it I wrote out my little phrase, and then immediately regretted it. Maybe if I used black pen...? Anyways, it was a good lesson in just "letting things be" and one that I will happily carry with me! (Also, this card is much cuter than the photo lets on. I didn't realize it was a bit fuzzy until now!)

Day Seventeen

My scrappy fish, and also my first card share on the ICAD FB page! Woohoo! These little guys are made from the scraps of Days Fifteen and Sixteen, and all I did was add a little bit of color and patterning to make them unique. I am so proud of them!

Day Eighteen

This was created with the help of another one of my two year olds' books, Are You a Cow?. It's adorable and the actual quote in the book is, "You are NOT a hippo. They are big. You are small.". After I made it I started wondering if it even looked like a hippo, so I showed it to my little one and she instantly shouted, "YOU ARE NOT A HIPPO!" Success!

Day Nineteen

GAH! This day!! As I sat down to draw, without any idea in mind, the tornado sirens went off. I panicked (as I'm originally from California and am more accustomed to earthquakes than tornadoes) and woke my little one up from her nap to take cover. Nothing happened (it was for much farther East) so I put her back to bed. AND THEN THE SIRENS WENT OFF AGAIN! I basically spent the entire afternoon in a panic, so when I finally got around to my card again all I could think of was a tornado! (A very colorful one though.)

Day Twenty

We had new locks installed and I spent some quality time looking at the deadbolt in our door frame. This is my attempt to recreate it. :)  (I love the bent edges of this card! My little one loves my cards!)

Day Twenty-One

YAY! My favorite card so far! Someone on the ICAD FB page posted a robot she drew earlier this week and I figured I'd give one a go! Both my little and my husband thought it was awesome, and I agree! I am so happy with this guy!

---

So that was Week Three! Big cheers!! Hope everyone had a fantastic week, and I hope you have a lovely weekend as well!

12 comments:

  1. Cute! I like the hippo card, and yes, the robot turned out well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I love both the hippo and the robot cards the most!

      Delete
  2. Sarah, your ICADs are great! I like the robot too and the hippo one is so cute! I hope you are having a lovely weekend too!!!
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Mary! You are so kind!

      Delete
  3. What fun cards! I must admit I adore your robot too, he has such a great expression!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! His expression ended up much different than I had planned, but I'm happy with the end result!

      Delete
  4. Oh happy day - I love robots and yours is delightful! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I actually like the deadbolt. It is super and so well done. Clever you. And of course, the robot is perfect.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! The deadbolt is totally outside my range of "sketching skills" so I appreciate that comment!

      Delete
  6. maybe when you made that orange tornado you were subconsciously thinking of the yellow brick road to Oz...your cards turned out great. the robot is classic!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the idea of the yellow brick road being a part of my tornado card! It fits so well with the colors!

      Delete