Friday, June 7, 2013

ICAD - Week One!



Yay! I've made it through seven days of index card experimentation and I am so proud of myself! I am not an artist in the slightest, but the fact that I've worked on (and finished) a card every single day makes me feel pretty good! My plan is to share seven cards every Friday with a little note about each one.


Day One
A quick scribble several minutes before I took off for a dinner party. I laugh when I look back on this one, but the important part is that I did it!


Day Two
I had a plan in my head when I did this one, and it totally didn't end up the way I thought it would. But hey, I did it! Woohoo!


Day Three
I can't help but giggle at this one! I had an awesome idea for a paisley pattern (that I have never attempted in my life) but when I look at it all I can think of is microbes under a microscope! It did give me an idea for another day though, so that's a win! 


Day Four
I'm totally a fan of this one! I like all the angles and I think I'm going to try this again with watercolor later on. 


Day Five
This is probably my favorite as of today! I really wanted to draw bubbles, but it ended up much harder than I thought it would be. Instead I went for a lava lamp vibe and was pretty happy with it!


Day Six
I had a plan for this day, but right before I started it I read a rather depressing article online and I was mourning all that was wrong with the world. I figured I needed a reminder that even if there was craziness all around that I could still think happy thoughts. <3


Day Seven 
Today was a ZERO plan day and I literally just doodled while watching HGTV. I am surprisingly happy with the end result though considering that, well, I'm not super artsy to begin with!


So that's it! This is week one, right there out in the open! I'm surprised that I'm even sharing these but I figure it's good practice for blogging and sharing and all that social kind of stuff. ;)
Are you a part of ICAD 2013? If so, link up and I'd love to see what you've done!

8 comments:

  1. You are off to a great start! Love your cards....they are all so different!
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for stopping by! I'm pretty proud of myself for branching out and doing this project, and I appreciate your comment!

      Delete
  2. Day 2 and four are especially fabulous, but I think it is a great week 1 collection...and pleased to have found your blog via ICAD... looking forward to seeing more of your lovely cards...xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the kind words! I'm grateful for the wonderful community that ICAD brings together!

      Delete
  3. I love Days 4 & 5! :)
    The paisley reminds me of my dad...he had this dress shirt when we were younger that was a paisley print, but we called it his "amoeba shirt" lol...so I say go with the amoebas!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I did decide to go with amoebas (of a sort) this week and I like how it turned out! I am a huge fan of paisley and I definitely want to give it another go during this project. Hope it turns out nicely!

      Delete
  4. Looking at these cards I don't think you can say you are not an artist!! You picked up a pencil and created something. I love the bubbles. And the angles and the paisley. I also love that you call yourself a serious chitchatter. I could steal that description very easily! I look forward to seeing your next lot of cards. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the kind words! As I finished Week Two I thought of what you had said and I think that now I feel a little more comfortable using the word "artist" when describing myself!

      Delete