Friday, June 28, 2013

ICAD - Week Four!


Week Four has come and gone, and I am still doing a card every single day! I seriously can't believe that I've stuck with it this long, and I am so happy that I have! There is no telling if my artistic skills are getting any better, but my confidence is much higher than ever before! Now, Cards #22 - 28!
(Week OneWeek Two, Week Three)

Day Twenty-Two

I've been watching A LOT of HGTV lately. (That's what I'm figuring happened here...) I'm thinking that this is one of these hanging lounges that I've always adored!

Day Twenty-Three

I saw that one of the daily prompts was "Owl" and I decided to give it a go! I've never even attempted an owl before, so I'm happy with the end result! (Although, I tried to make feathers and ended up with a mosaic type print instead!)

Day Twenty-Four

My first attempt at zentangling! I think I need a few more goes to get it the way I'd like (is that totally not the point of zentangling or what?!), but it was still fun! My little one really wanted to help considering I was using her crayons, but I finished it before her enthusiasm turned it in to her card instead of mine!

Day Twenty-Five

Ok, don't laugh. Seriously! I spent the whole day watching that MTV show Catfish (which I had never seen before) and it was all I could think about when I grabbed my card! I feel like this could be a catfish at the right angle, but also a bizarre alien creature at another. YAY FOR PRACTICE! ;)

Day Twenty-Six

I cut up an entire magazine while my little napped and then I just picked the words or phrases that stood out to me. I feel like my brain is trying to tell me something with this one...

Day Twenty-Seven

I was going to attempt a drawing of our car, then thought maybe I could draw a VW bus, and then thought of an Airstream, and moved more in to a mobile home type, and then hoped that maybe I could just end up with tiny house. So, here it is! (I finished it at 8:48pm, so thought that was an appropriate address!) 

Day Twenty-Eight
 
I was SO excited with this one! I thought, "The weather has been frustrating me, so I'm going to make happy raindrops (from a marker catch-all piece of junk-mail) and a duct tape cloud! Yay!" and so I spent some time making it just right and when I showed it to my husband he said, "Cool! Is that... The beach?" (He claims he was too far away when I showed him, but it made me instantly question it!) Still, I am pretty happy about it!

Only two more days in June, and then it's time for the second month of ICAD! I can't believe I've made it this far, and I am so happy that I've kept up this daily project!
Care to share yours? Leave and comment and I'll swing on by!

7 comments:

  1. Yay you for hanging in there and playing! Love your owl - he looks very dashing in his mosaic.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really am so proud of myself for keeping it up! And I love the word "dashing"! I think that sums up my little owl nicely. ;)

      Delete
  2. Oh these are fun glad you stuck with it... I'm enjoying it too!!

    Hugs Giggles

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'm happy to have found ICAD when I did!

      Delete
  3. Your cards are SO clever. Each so different. I love your Air Stream and how you came to make it. I also like your owl. Good going.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I really feel like I'm taking up the mantle of "artist" rather nicely! ;)

      Delete
  4. Wow!! I absolutely love the raindrop card and he found words. That is one of my most favourite techniques, very symbolic of your inner consciousness I have found. :) Looks like you have had a lot of fun. There is a lot of reward and satisfaction sticking with the challenge. It is also quite happy making having a stack of finished cards. :)

    ReplyDelete