Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Vacation Reads: 3.14.13 - 4.8.13


Hey there! I just came back from a three week trip out to California and it's so nice to be home! Before I jump in to fancying up my blog with all the amazing ideas that came to me out on the West Coast I wanted to share the books that I read while away:

These were all read on my Kindle (I was trying to clear it out but managed to just add more anyways!) and all links will take you to GoodReads: 

AMAZING! I am so thrilled I finally got around to reading this book as it's been on my TBR list for a while now. I plan on buying a copy and even giving it as a gift at baby showers, it's that awesome!

Ok, I'm not going to lie, I bought this book once and immediately returned it. I was worried it wouldn't live up to my expectations, I mean a badass librarian and his kevlar corset wearing partner?! But I ended up buying it again and delving in to it on the train anyways. It was a fun read, and at the end I was glad I got through it, but it was a rough start for sure.

This is the third book in the WitchLight Trilogy and I love how to pulled everything together. These are definitely feel good books, as I've heard all of Debora Geary's are, and make you want to give hugs to all the awesome people in your life!

I didn't realize that this book existed until I found it on GoodReads, and considering I adore the Across the Universe series I wanted to read it right away! It was creepy and sad, but I think that was the point. It also gives you a bit of insight in to a few of the background characters!

I found this through it's controversy n Amazon (the author has always provided this book for free, but someone was charging for it on Amazon {It had been changed to free when I picked it up}) and it's premise sounded interesting so I gave it a shot. It's not bad, but it's not spectacular.




I got all sucked in to the Parasol Protectorate series and wanted to support Gail Carriger a little bit more, so I bought these two little books before I left. Both are super short, and both are intriguing in their own ways, but I think that Marine Biology could be a much larger novel if she chose to build on it!


Yep, I finally read fanfic. Harry Potter fanfic at that! I found these through GoodReads and read them through the app on my phone but found out later you can get them for Kindle from the authors website. They are pretty impressive books and I love getting lost in the wizarding world again! I have the third book on my Kindle now, and I just purchased the authors first fantasy novel, so I'm pretty excited about it!

Do you read on your vacations, or do you take a bookish break?

2 comments:

  1. I read the first James Potter book back in 2009 after *needing* more Harry Potter lol. It is a really excellent piece of fanfic. I definitely want to read the others and now that I know they are on the Kindle, I am going to! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally understand "the need" for more Harry Potter. ;)

    For the Kindle copies just head over to http://www.jamespotterseries.com/ and scroll down to the download options! I love that G. Norman Lippert writes them even though he doesn't get paid for them, so I went ahead and bought Ruins of Camelot to support him! (It looks pretty awesome, so I'm excited!)

    ReplyDelete