Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Monthy Reads Recap - April 2013


(Hey look! I made that header by myself! Nothing fancy, but a start!)

This month involved quite a bit of down time, and the need to escape this weird world we live in, so I read a bit more than I usually do on a monthly basis. At the end of each Monthly Reads Recap I'll identify how many books I've read this month, and how that adds up on my yearly goal.

As always, all covers will take you to GoodReads!


The five books above were referenced in my Vacation Reads post from early April, so instead of going over them again just click on over for book links and my thoughts!



I Love Dirt!: 52 Activites to Help You and Your Kids Discover the Wonders of Nature - Jennifer Ward
I bought this book when it was fairly cheap on Amazon, and while some of it (ok, all of it) is super obvious, it's still nice to have around when you need the motivation to get out! We currently live on the third floor of a complex and don't really have any "nature" around. It's helpful to be reminded that we do, even in a small amount!

Dark Triumph (His Fair Assassin #2) - R.L. LaFevers
The second in the "assassin nun" trilogy, and much darker than the first. I still enjoyed it, as I love Sybella and her relationship with The Beast!

The Da Vinci Code (Robert Langdon #2) - Dan Brown
Hasn't everyone read this one? I have, and even though it was a reread and I totally knew what was going on I still managed to get sucked in to all the mystery!

The Last Runaway - Tracy Chevalier
Not what I thought it was going to be... Focused much more on the main characters troubles with men then her work on the Underground Railroad. It was also a bit depressing how she handled towards the end.

The Red Pyramid (Kane Chronicles #1) - Rick Riordan
I really wanted to like this series, but I know that I won't finish it. This just wasn't up to par with the Percy Jackson series and I was pretty disappointed!


The Monsters of Templeton - Lauren Groff
Loved it! Would recommend it to everyone! It was beautifully written and just so much fun! (The books I like the most I generally have little to say about... Weird how that works!)

Of Poseidon (Of Poseidon #1) - Anna Banks
Gah! Unimpressed. The love story just ruined this book even though the rest of it was interesting. May read the others just to find out what happens with the Sirens!

Shade (Shade #1) - Jeri Smith-Ready
Totally sold on this series! I love how real everything was, and how certain "taboo" subjects were discussed in a normal manner. Can't wait to pick up the next in the series!

The Spellman Files (The Spellmans #1) - Lisa Lutz
Silly and fun, the only issue I had was a weird side job that Izzy Spellman took on that had nothing to do with the rest of the story. It threw everything out of wack!

Total Books Read  - April : 14 
Total Books Read - Year : 40
Year Goal : 110

Do you have a goal of books read for the year? If so, how many? I started keeping track once I began using GoodReads a few years ago, and I love it! (Except GoodReads also counts the books on my Did-Not-Finish shelf... Lame!)

No comments:

Post a Comment