Thursday, February 28, 2013

My Hold List (And One Confession)


I have something to come clean about. 

I currently have Days of Blood & Starlight by Laini Taylor sitting on my nightstand just waiting for me to crack it open, but I've been avoiding it like the plague. It's not that I don't want to read it, it's just that when I finished the first in the series, Daughter of Smoke & Bone, I realized I had to wait for the next one to be published and it was rather painful. I haven't fallen in love with a book like that in a while and it was was such a bummer to realize I couldn't just go pick up the next one. Basically, I'm afraid to start Days of Blood & Starlight because I know that when I finish it I'll have to wait a full year for the final book! 

(Of course, I plan to start it tonight because even though I don't want it to end I can't wait to read it!)

So, in the meantime, I'd like to share the five books I'm currently on the waiting list for at my library. I have an extensive To-Read List, but these are just the books that I've recently put in for.


Don't ask me why, but I've been looking forward to this book for some time now. This isn't my usual genre but I heard about it through GoodReads Giveaways and just haven't been able to give up the idea of reading it! Unfortunately it isn't available for my Kindle through the library so I finally just got around to requesting the hard copy!

I've heard nothing but amazing things about this book and I finally decided that I needed to get around to requesting it. Turns out it was a good call to request it when I did, because this one has a LONG waiting list!

I don't remember being super blown away by the first book in this series, Legend, but I did know that after I finished it I decided that I wanted to read the rest of the trilogy. Looks like it's pretty popular right now though, because this has a decent sized wait list as well!

I can't WAIT for this one to be released! I thought the first one, Grave Mercy, was fabulous (even though the political edge was annoying) so I was thrilled when I saw that this one was continuing the story but from Sybella's point of view! Yay!

So... The Matched Trilogy... I'm a little more partial to this YA/dystopian/love-triangle series than the other hundreds that seemed to come out at the same time, but they don't really rank at the top of my favorites list. I'm happy to see how it all ends up, but I don't think I'm going to be all that sad that it's over.

And there you have it, my current Hold's List!

What books are you currently waiting for, or what books have you been putting off because of the awesomeness they may contain?

No comments:

Post a Comment